GCN presents The Complete Guide to Cycling Psychology. Whether you're a sportive rider, love racing or are planning an epic cycling adventure, this is every rider's mental toolkit, delivering the information, inspiration and techniques you need to help you ride faster and further, and have more fun!
- More than 240 pages packed with the latest sport psychology research and essential practical exercises that will help cyclists of every level achieve their goals and enjoy their riding more.
- Whatever level and whatever discipline you ride, we explain the keys to performing at your best on your next ride or in big events – with all the practical advice, tools and exercises you need to fill your mental toolkit.
- World-renowned mental coach Dr Jim Taylor introduces a topic and explains why it is important to your cycling. Epic endurance rider Mark Beaumont then shares anecdotes from his adventures to bring Dr Taylor’s ideas to life.
- Plus GCN Presenters Si Richardson, Manon Lloyd and Hank share their experiences in overcoming their own challenges while riding, to help every rider become their best.
- Filled with practical tools to fill your mental toolkit, this book will help you harness the power of your mind through mental training and propel you to unlock your true potential.
- Motivation, confidence, intensity, focus, emotions, attitude, goal-setting, mental imagery, self-talk, and quality training are just a few of the strategies that are discussed and that can make you a better cyclist.